Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Promenade Cafe Queen Mary



Aboard the Queen Mary for Ink 'N Iron in Long Beach, CA.

We ate an early leisure dinner at the Promenade Cafe. They serve up some American favorites overlooking the shores of Ocean Blvd. The restaurant reminisces of old days on the ship with Art Deco carpet and light fixtures, and thick sturdy tables.



There are so many little details in the architecture that take you back to the 1930s. The ocean liner is elegant inside with golden elevators and staircases that open up to large sitting rooms. When you step onto the ship it's like your thrown back in time.

Our meals were served with metal plate covers, which I thought was pretty cool. I felt like I was getting room service.

I ordered the Vegetable Panini- grilled seasonal vegetables, tomato, onions, spinach, jack cheese, roasted red pepper aioli.

It was delicious, grilled portobello, squash, zucchini, spinach, onions.....on a pressed chiabatta type bread. It comes with a choice of fries or fresh fruit. I opted for the healthy alternative of fruit. You can substitute a different side for an additional cost. I knew that this trip was going to take a tole on my diet so I tried to add some healthy choices. It was hard.

What will he order...
...a cheese burger (what a surprise).

What our foodie friends ordered.

Chicken Ciabatta sandwich- grilled marinated chicken, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, chiotle mayonnaise.
Classic hamburger with jalapenos. She likes her spicy stuff.

This meal was great. My only complaint was that my veggies kept falling out of my sandwich. It was a pretty big stack of veggies.

The Promenade Cafe
The Queen Mary
1126 Queen's Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802

No comments:

Post a Comment