Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bake 'n Broil

Muti-use pot with daisies, marigolds, garlic flower, sage, oregano and basil. I knew I would like this place.


My trip to Long Beach, CA started with this quaint little diner-inspired restaurant, Bake 'N Broil. This place has been family owned and operated since 1965. It's a small, cozy establishment serving traditional home cooked meals you grew up eating. There is also a great assortment of pies and cakes. They don't have a website but you can find them on yelp and trip advisor.

This trip not only had some travel headaches but it was also detrimental to my vegetarian diet. :/

Menu items included traditional American food like burgers, deli sandwiches, breakfast items, chili, and many desserts. You can find a menu here.

I ordered a 1/2 soup 1/2 sandwich meal.

French Onion soup- ok, the croutons were very garlicky, the soup was a little too brothy and not enough onion.

Turkey sandwich with a side of cranberry sauce- this was pretty good, the turkey was hand carved, very much like post thanksgiving meal turkey.

David got a hamburger.

This is french style boysenberry pie a la mode. Delicious.

My dessert, rhubarb pie. This was pretty delicious. The vanilla ice cream cut down on the tartness.

I think we liked it. :P

Bake 'N Broil
3697 Atlantic Avenue
Long Beach, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment