Thursday, December 30, 2010

Toffee Blondies




Just made these Toffee Blondies tonight. It's a super easy recipe.
I just wanted to use my retro camera ;)

They are pretty dense and rich.

Here is the recipe.

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 cup toffee candy bits

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Set pan aside.

2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and salt. With mixer on low speed, add flour and beat just until combined. Fold in toffee bits by hand.

3. Using a rubber spatula, spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on a wire rack.

4. Using foil overhang, lift cake from pan. Peel off foil and discard. With a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares (4 rows by 4 rows).

OK, now, I just copied this word for word from the book I used. You don't have to copy exactly, like any recipe you can adjust a few things. I used Heath toffee candy bits with mild chocolate. I did NOT use an electric mixer because when David and I finally moved and I got my hand mixer out of storage, I turned it on and it made a sound but nothing spun. So that went in the trash. My kitchenaid mixer is too big for my house so it's at my moms. :( I used some good old fashioned man power.

I hope to post more recipes, I'm trying to get back into the swing of baking more regularly again.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment