Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kind Kreme



I had to continue with "Vegan Day" in a second post.

This is Kind Kreme- a raw, vegan, organic ice cream joint in Studio City. They offer ice cream, shakes, juices, coffee and a few other things.
You can yelp it here.
I believe it is the only ice cream place of it's kind in the country, but you may have to research that.


I ordered a super green chocolate something or other. I can't remember the name- that's turrible. It was the flavor that had pretty much everything jam packed in there. Goji berries, raw cacao, agave, some sort of nuts, omegas, power greens? I don't know it was like the kitchen sink equivalent except not nearly as large as it should have been for the price of $3.99 a scoop.


I thought it was good, except for some bitterness that was going on and it was very over-priced.

David certainly wasn't impressed.

He ordered a vanilla milkshake made with vanilla honey Icekreme and almond milk. He didn't care for it both because it tasted strange and that it was $6.99 for 12oz. I'm sure that this place makes other fantastic flavors but it's really the novelty of it. And it probably goes over better with people who are actually interested in veganism or raw food. Otherwise the products they make would just taste weird.

3701 Cahuenga Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 308-6758

Now for some other photos from "vegan" day. :)

The day started with yoga.
Yoga was on the bottom floor of a condo complex right on Ocean Blvd in Long Beach. Right next door is a cute coffee shop called Brew Haus. I can't seem to the find the yoga studio online but I think it may have been called Planet Yoga. Can't remember.

Took a quick visit to the beach.

Some strange sea veggie.

I don't know why this picture keeps loading the wrong way.

You can see the Queen Mary.

Not Vegan

Onward to Bodhi Tree Bookstore:


Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment